A lot of energy is required in order to support the work of pastors and volunteers within the Airport Chaplaincy. Each pastor is supported by a separate foundation. Together, these three organizations founded the Schiphol Airport Chaplaincy Support Foundation (SOLS). SOLS assists the three participating foundations in their tasks for the Airport Chaplaincy. These are the Protestant, the Roman-Catholic and the Anglican/Old-Catholic foundations. The board of SOLS determines the activities to be performed, the method of acquiring funds, the management of the assets of SOLS and how they are spent.
The board consists of nine members, three members of each of the three foundations. The current board of SOLS is formed by the following members:
|Ing. P.B. Poort||Chairman||Protestant Schiphol Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|Ds. J.W. Blankert||2nd Secretary||Protestant Schiphol Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|F.D.S. Jansen||Treasurer||Roman Catholic Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|A.L.M. Overgaag||Secretary||Roman Catholic Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|J.M. Warning||2nd Treasurer||Protestant Schiphol Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|J. Traudes||Board member||Roman Catholic Airport Chaplaincy Foundation|
|Vacant||Board member||Old-Catholic and Anglican Airport Ministry Foundation|
|E.W.H. de Boer||Board member||Old-Catholic and Anglican Airport Ministry Foundation|
|E. Wolters||Board member||Old-Catholic and Anglican Airport Ministry Foundation|
The pastors within the Airport Chaplaincy are not board members of SOLS. They are, however, present at the board meetings.
SOLS aims to:
- Provide chaplaincy, assistance, nearness, and hospitality at the Meditation Centre and for anyone present at Schiphol Airport and, more specifically, to support the participating foundations in these tasks. The foundation board safeguards peer collaboration and propagation of the objectives;
- Acquire (financial) resources to do so;
- Perform all other actions that have to do with, or that could prove contributory to, the aforementioned in the broadest sense, provided it serves common interest;
- The foundation aims to serve common interest and seeks no financial gain;
- The foundation seeks to be an establishment as outlined in section 5b General Law regarding state taxes 1994 or an Institution representing social interest, in the sense of section 5c General Law regarding state taxes.
- The annual report of 2021 gives a complete overview of our activities in 2021;
- The standard form for publication - ANBI can be downloaded here;
- The policy plan of 2019-2022 (in Dutch) gives a complete overview of the plans for 2019-2022.
SOLS is considered a charitable foundation with ANBI (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling) status, registered in the Netherlands. Donations made to SOLS are, for Dutch citizens, donations that, depending on the amount, can be income tax deductible.
SOLS board members do not receive any attendance fees/remuneration for their work. The board members only receive compensation for expenses incurred that relate to their board position. SOLS does not employ any personnel. SOLS is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 60402997.
Should you wish to support the Airport Chaplaincy financially, a gift is always appreciated:
IBAN: NL53 RABO 0378 5523 68
name: Stichting Ondersteuning Luchthavenpastoraat Schiphol